Honeywell Sportsman Club
Precision Rifle Match
Saturday, December 30
Location: our Deep-In spot off Table Mesa
Starting Time: 8AM
Back to Club Event Info
Bring: Accurate rifle(s) and at least 60 rounds of ammo (event minimum is 34 shots).
No FMJ and definitely no tracer ammo allowed. No caliber larger than 300 WinMag.
Also bring a spotting scope to help score the hits.
NOTE: if rain should be in the forecast for 30 Dec, but not 29 Dec, we will have this
event on 29 Dec. Therefore, email Gerhard if you plan to attend, to get the latest
- 200 yds - max 50 pts - From table. 5 shots at paper target.
- 200 and 300 yds - max 30 pts - Steel plates from short ladder.
- 200 yds - max 40 pts - Steel plates from short ladder or table.
- 400 yds - max 30 pts - Steel plates from slanted beam and barricade.
- 500 yds - max 80 pts - Plates from slanted beam, barricade, table, and roof top.
- 200 to 500 yards - max 40 pts - Steel plates from choice of slanted beam, barricade, or roof top.
- 700 yds - max 50 pts - 12" steel plate from table, 5 shots.
- 960 yds - max 50 pts - Pig-shaped plate from table, 5 shots.
Entry Fee: $2
Directions: Go north on I-17 to the Table Mesa exit (exit 236).
Cross back over the freeway heading west. Just past the frontage road which
heads north is a minor road with a wire gate across it. A high clearance
vehicle is necessary.Go through the wire gate and the road will loop
around heading south. Follow the road south for about ¾ mile to where it
meets the pipeline swath (GPS coordinates N 33º 57.472’ W 112º 08.351’).
Then continue west on the jeep road
for 1.6 more miles to a large open area. A high clearance vehicle
(Click map to the right for a larger view.)
Guests are welcome to participate.